Gheorghe Curelet-Balan Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2005

My Heroes.

When a friend of mine told me that he is working on a book titled My Heroes we started to talk about what a hero is. One of his understanding of a hero was the same as for most of us. A hero is someone that makes the decision to sacrifice itself for the good of others.

After the recent terrorist attacks I was thinking how can I comfort the families of the London victims. The heroes discussion popped in my mind. I realized that the London victims are the heroes of the Free World. They, as well as the 911 victims, are my heroes because they have chosen to live in a free world. Some brain washed fanatics believe that people should not have the freedom to decide about how to live their life or how to express themselves. Their motivation to kill is not Iraq or Afghanistan (see the terrorist attacks before these events). It is their devilish goal to terrorize us so that we do not enjoy our freedom. While we mourn our victims we should not forget that by embracing the beauty of life lived in a free world will prove those that made a pact with the devil that we cannot be terrorized.

If you want to send a condolence message to the London victims families click the link of Lieutenant Governor of Ontario http://www.lt.gov.on.ca/.
Below picture shows the sunset in Kitchener-Waterloo on July 7th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home